Dear Mrs. Crosby and class,
I spent the day with Thunder. It was a pleasure! Please find the answers to my report below:
- What is your job? My job is a biomedical test engineer for medical devices (primarily orthopaedic devices – knee replacements, hip replacements, spinal implants, etc.). My company, Empirical Testing Corp. (ETC), provides the mechanical testing to companies in the medical industry to assist in the regulatory approval (FDA) for the devices to be used.
- Do you provide goods or services? Empirical Testing Corp. provides the service of mechanical testing
- Is your job located in the city, suburbs or rural community? Empirical Testing Corp. is located off of Garden of the Gods Road, in Colorado Springs; so in the city.
- How do you interact with other members of our community in your job duties? Empirical Testing Corp.’s clients are all over the world (international) and none are local. The only interaction with other members of the community is hiring of our vendors – such as accountants, lawyers, computer support.
- How does your job support our community? Empirical Testing Corp. provides community support by hiring more local people as the company grows and participating in community events (Bike to Work, etc.)
- What would happen if your job did not exist in our community? If ETC did not reside in Colorado Springs, those employees would have to find work somewhere else, either in Colorado Springs, or another location.
What an interesting day I had, boys and girls! It was my first time at ETC and I learned so much. See you next time!
Thunder T. Bear.